Thursday, October 4, 2012

The 21st Century Gifted Educator

Last week I attended our state gifted conference. I am always excited this time of year because I get the opportunity to network and share with fellow gifted teachers. My favorite part is also hearing what is going on in gifted classrooms across the state. This year was different because I was able to present on my two passions: Skype and social media.  Below you will find the recording to The 21st Century Gifted Educator, which I co-presented with my husband, Will. We outline how to utilize Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to collaborate and create a PLN. Feel free to leave us a comment and share how you use social media to collaborate and connect with others in gifted education.

4 comments:

  1. I am a EDM-310 Student at the University of South Alabama. I really Enjoyed Reading and watching the video on On Social Media in the 21st Century. It contained a lot of good Information. In our classroom our teacher also taught us how to utilize twitter and other social medias. Thank you so much for posting this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elvira,

    My name is Kaitlyn, and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Our class blog can be found here, and my blog can be found here. I think Facebook and Twitter are both great tools for teachers to use. I had never heard of LinkedIn before reading/listening about it here, but it seems really great also. I will definitely be checking it out! We have been working on building our PLNs in my class, and I think it is a really great way to collaborate and get fresh ideas. My PLN is not very big yet, but I am learning how to find and select blogs and websites that are useful to read and learn from. Thanks for all of the wonderful information on social media!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaitlyn and Micah,

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am glad your course mentions social media and happy to see that you are utilizing it to build your PLN. Twitter and Facebook have been my favorite social media sites up to date.

      Elle

      Delete
  3. Hi Elvira!
    My name is Melissa Canterbury, and I am also a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. We just started the semester and Dr. Strange has already stressed the importance of Twitter. Thank you for this post. Other than Facebook, which I rely on to keep in touch with the outside world, I have never had a blog, Twitter, or any other network. I just started my blog for the class and after watching your video, I can not wait to explore other networking sites such as Twitter and check out LinkedIn. I see that it has been awhile since you've updated this blog but I look forward to more of your posts.
    Melissa Canterbury

    ReplyDelete